Monday, March 16, 2009

Carter's Swing Set

I am so far behind and I have so much to share!

So, the swing set. It was an adventure, but a good one. Noah and I, all the grandparents, Auntie and Uncle NaNa, Aunt Nina, Ashton and Alissa went in together for a cedar playset/swingset for the backyard. It's not easy 1) finding one to fit in a zero-lot yard (ugh! zero lot!) and 2) for a decent price. The majority were over $1000. Totally ridiculous. (I was not going to pay that!) But, praise be, we found a great one.

February 21 and 22nd, Noah recruited some help- Uncle Matt, Drew, Dirk and Grandpa and together, over the the two days, they got it together. This was hard work. Nothing, but the swing and glider were pre-assembled. Every single piece of cedar on the thing was screwed on bit by painstaking bit. I am so proud of Noah for tackling it and getting it completed. Woo-Hoo Dada! Way to go! (Really, Noah loves this kind of thing and wished he had more time for stuff like this.)

I may have already posted this, but when it was finally completed, I asked Carter, "What do you think?" His response was precious-

"It's beautiful! I love it!"

I love him.

Getting Started...All the pieces:



Where to Begin?



End of Day One:



Almost Finished:




First Slide:

No comments:

Post a Comment