Sunday, February 22, 2009

Catch-Up...

So, I realized today my last post was 1/31, so I figured it was way past time for me to catch everyone up. However, I am wiped tonight. This post will probably seem really random.

In the beginning of February, I joined Facebook. It is like crack. Extremely addicting. And like crack (at least what I've read about it) the rush happens fast. In my first hour of joining I had 23 friends. Seriously. Everyone is on this site. It's crazy. I kept asking Noah, "Does anyone work?" I've decided the answer is no. So, anyway, I spent the first two weeks on FB all the time. Then something happened...

I got tired of sitting in front of the computer during my free time. I am guessing this happened with alot of my friends because several of us joined at the same time and we were all on and all the time and then, suddenly, as quick as the rush started it has slowed.

In addition to FB, we have had alot of family stuff going on, and then Carter and Noah got sick, so computer time has been low on my list of priorities, but now, on to what we have been up to...

A treat! We got to babysit three weeks ago. A sweetheart of a 4 month old- Samantha. Carter kept saying, "I love her. I love baby Samantha." But, sometimes he would say it fast and it would come out, "I love baby Santa." Very sweet.

Overall, Carter did well sharing the spotlight, but you could tell he was off. Samantha was such an easy baby and so cute. I am pretty sure I was on a sugar high all of the night and into the next day from kissing her right cheek. I will gladly watch her anytime. (Did you catch that Amy? Anytime!)

Carter and Samantha Hanging Out-



Carter and Samantha-




Valentine's Weekend Noah and I signed up for a marriage conference at church. The speakers were a husband and wife who divorced (in part) because of an affair the wife had, only to reconcile 7 years later after they came to know the Lord and began intense conversation and counseling. Ironically, Noah knew the husband through work.

It is a great weekend that the church hosts every Valentine's Day. We missed last year, so I was really looking forward to the couple time to reconnect and to have some meaningful "us" time. However, I had one reservation- putting Carter in the church nursery. The flu is rampant right now and I didn't want him exposed to anything and end up sick. Well, guess what? Yup, when we got home from church Saturday, I pulled him out of his car seat and he felt warm- 102 warm.

Thankfully, Nana and Grandpa still came to watch him so Noah and I could have dinner (Saltgrass- one of my favorites) and see a movie (He's Just not that Into You- not a favorite), but Carter kept the fever for 4 days. Dr. K said it was a virus that would need to run its course and THANKFULLY it was not the stomach flu.

Valentine's Morning Opening his Cards-






Carter's birthday is March 11th, so we have been thinking about his birthday gifts for a while. Why? Mainly because he has 7 grandparents. Yes, seven. Then, you add gifts from the rest of the family and friends and before you know it he has a pile of birthday toys in the $10 to $25 range that are barely used because they are random mish mosh.

I don't mean to sound rude or ungrateful. In fact, it's just the opposite. It seems like a big waste to me to spend hard earned money on random junk toys. I mean why spend $20 on a toy truck or whatever, when you can combine that $20 with someone else's $20 and get something substantial that Carter can really use and enjoy?

So, Noah and I discuss early on what items would be nice for Carter to have that may be high dollar. Things that we would not be able to afford on our own, but with everyone's help, we can. Then we ask the 7 grandparents, aunts and uncles to go in on it. This year it was a swing set.

I could go on and on about this. In fact, I am sure in my next post I will, but tonight I am just too tired. For now, know that everyone went in on the swing set and we put it together this weekend. Enjoy the pic!

Having some swing set fun-

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little concerned that you are so familiar with the effects of crack. Did Carter like the music card?

    ReplyDelete