Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shower for the Locke Family

So, if you are keeping count, this is 4 Saturdays in a row that we had something major going on.

2/21 Swing Set
2/28 Family Party
3/7 Kid Party
3/14 Shower for the Locke Family

Dirk and Amy are our very good friends, really more like family. Dirk and Noah have been best friends since high school and that friendship has continued through the years. It's hard to believe that, I too, have now known Dirk since we were 19- for 15 years! Wow! Amy has been a part of our lives now for 11 years. Where does time go!

They have a beautiful little boy named Aaron who turns 2 this month and they are expecting twin girls in 8 weeks! So, of course, it is time for a baby shower.

In case you haven't picked up on it, I am not a big fan of having alot of unoccupied little kids in my house, plus I would have had to pull off a major cleaning job two weeks in a row...phew! So, I decided we were going, "off campus."

Amy chose some great alphabet cards to decorate the girls' nursery with and they have great drawings of birds on them. I decided to use a bird's nest with two eggs in the nest as the shower theme.

It worked perfectly, as the room I found to rent was at the local rec center and had floor to ceiling windows which overlook a pond. Nice- water, trees and some ducks!

Hobby Lobby had all their bird houses and candles 50% off- picked up some of those!

With Easter on it's way, I was able to find lots of bird, nest, egg stuff, including some great napkins at Target.

Kroger made a yummy cake and left a place in the center for me to add a nest with eggs in it (also courtesy of Target).

We played twin trivia and had some great food and- my favorite part- opened baby gifts.

It was a wonderful day. We wish the Powers-Locke Family all the love and blessings in the world!









1 comment:

  1. Jen....we can't thank you and Noah enough for the wonderful shower! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

    ReplyDelete