Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Carter's Ranch Hands From Outer Space Party

(I am so frustrated right now! I just spent close to an hour working on an entry about Carter's party and I lost it! UGH! I can't waste an hour typing only to lose it! AAAGGGHHHHH! Let me try again, using a version from his web site.)

The weekend of March 7th, we had a "kid" party here at the house. I debated this, being that I really wasn't sure I wanted so many little kids in the house with nothing to do. I am a teacher. I know that unoccupied small children are not a good idea! So after some research and looking at places and prices we decided to stay home and do a Backyardigans theme with a ranch hand twist (Based on the episode, "Ranch Hands from Outer Space.")

As you all know Carter loves the Backyardigans (hence the name of the blog) and Nick, Jr. released some new episodes including the episode, "Ranch Hands from Outer Space." Immediately, Carter fell in love with this episode. We were watching it over and over again!

On-line I found a lady named Cathy who owns a farm and will bring the petting zoo to you! So, we had Cathy's Critters come out with a petting zoo program called, "Babies for Babies." (see: http://www.cathys-critters.com/index.htm ) What fun! They came with goats, a chicken and chicks, a duck and ducklings, adult and baby rabbits, guinea pigs and a cute as can be pink baby pig that looked just like Wilbur.

The kids got to pet, feed and bottle feed the animals. SOOOO much fun! I highly recommend the program and Cathy's if you live in this area. Very professional, yet kid friendly and a reasonable price.

Best of all, we were able the marry the Backyardigans and farm animal theme and the kids were not in the house the whole time with nothing to do! They played with the animals or in the backyard on Carter's new swingset and only came in for blueberry zum zums (a Backyardigans Ranch Hand reference) and cake.

It was a great day and we all had so much fun!

That weekend, for his birthday, Carter got to play with Ashton and Alissa, Aaron, Makenzie and Ashlyn, Nolan, Megan, Gracie, Adam and Sophie, Grant, Jack and Samantha.

Thanks for everyone who came and made Carter's 3rd birthday party such a special one. We love all of you, our dear friends.

Enjoying Zum Zums and Cake at the Picnic Tables:









Animal Time:



















1 comment:

  1. The petting zoo was awesome, such a great thing for the kids this age!

    ReplyDelete