Friday, January 9, 2009

Potty Etiquette

Everyday brings fun interactions and cute conversations with Carter. Sometimes I am amazed and wonder where the gets his material!

Here's one from this morning:

We were in the bathroom and he was sitting on his potty because he said he had to, "go pee-pee."

I explained to him that he needed to sit back on the potty and sit up nice and straight that way his stream of pee-pee would go into the potty and not onto the floor.

He giggled and then, pointing his bottom upward and leaning back said, "No Momma, I am going to get you with it!" (Giggle, Giggle, Giggle)

How do you keep a straight face?! The scary thing is that part of me is proud! I mean most two year old's don't think things through, so I am impressed that he thought through the process enough to realize he could lean back and, "get me." He was listening to what I was saying and he put 2 and 2 together! Yea!

(I know. This is weird, but if you have kids you understand. As a mom, you talk and talk and do your best to engage all day, everyday. When they respond, it is truly exciting!)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete