Monday, January 5, 2009

Freezing Rain and Stuff

Today was an odd sort-of day. It was just barely above freezing, so nothing stuck on the ground, or really froze, but the rain was, "freezing rain," so it stuck to trees and fences and such. Very odd. Here are some pics from the yard:



The alarm was not my friend this morning. With the freezing rain and cold darkness, I hated getting out of bed. In my dream world Carter would have slept late and I would have been able to snuggle a bit with Noah. Oh, one can dream.

Today, I started back on my diet. I hate calling it a diet. I am really just trying to change some bad habits and eat better. You may have noticed I have been reading, "The Fertility Diet." A great book. It has given me insight on some food issues and taught me how to up my ovarian reserve. (More on that soon)

Anyway, I am trying to lose 20 pounds. I started the diet before Thanksgiving and was able to take off 7 pounds before my birthday on the 16th. From the 16th until yesterday, I ate and enjoyed every part of the holidays. I mean every part. I am ashamed to admit it, but while at my grandmother's (Gangie's) I had donuts every morning- for 5 mornings straight! There's this really good place called the Golden Square. (Yes, the donuts are yellow and square. Don't ask.) Yummy!

Okay, so I got on the Wii Fit this morning to assess the damage since my last body test on December 17th. Oh, happy day- I lost 2 pounds! I have no idea how it happened, but... I... lost... two... pounds! Crazy.

But all those sweets? Oh, I am feeling it. Sugar is truly addictive. I have some homemade Toll House cookies sitting in a tin in the kitchen right now. Don't think I am not jonesing for one. I told Noah he has to take them to work tomorrow. For now, a cup of hot tea and some almonds will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment