Last night I went with my friend, Paula, to a Mary Kay event. Carter was very upset when I left. I knew it might be a difficult evening for Noah. Carter is very structured and does not like change- including one of his parents being absent for bath and bedtime.
I did not get home until 9:30ish. As soon as I got in the door Noah told me Carter was in his room, but still awake.
I changed my clothes and could hear him talking through the baby monitor. I decided that, maybe if he knew I was home he would go to sleep, so I went in.
I gave him a kiss and told him, "Momma's home now. Let's go to sleep."
He replied, "Momma's home now? Momma, I want you here all the times."
Ahhhh, heart melting....
(This story could go on, but in not such a sweet way...Carter and I had quite a conversation at 10:00p- this was still very sweet- and he did not fall asleep until after 11:00p- starting to become not so sweet! Then, he decided to get up at 4:30a- totally not sweet! It was a very strange night to say to least...)
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment