Friday, July 10, 2009

In the News...

Well, I have been lax in keeping up with the blog. I guess I can chalk it up to the "lazy" summer or something like that!

So, alot has happened in the news in the last month. Here are some thoughts...

Jon and Kate- What is up with them?! I am so put off by these two "adults." (I use the term adult loosely.) We all knew/know Kate is over the top type A, demanding and at times demeaning, but at least she's up front with it. Jon continues to wuss out. He let her run the house before and now he's running away instead of digging in his heels, taking back some control and putting on his big boy boxers and dealing. Has anyone heard about a single counseling session? Guess who gets caught in the middle and suffers? Those poor kids. God bless them. I pray their parents wake-up and smell the Starbucks they are so keen on drinking. You say your kids come first. Prove it. Step up to the plate and work out your problems. Don't run from them.

Michael Jackson- Can't believe he is dead. Although I will be the first to admit two weeks ago he wasn't even on my grid. I have in the past, but I currently don't own a single CD or have a single MJ song on my iPod. As I've listened to his music play these last two weeks, I realize what a shame that is. He was a brilliant musician and I have found songs I listened to in elementary school are still a blast to listen to today- timelessness- the sign of a great artist.

HOWEVER, I am haunted by the accusations of child molestation. One accusation could be extortion, two, three, four...that's a trend that a parent takes note of. Yes, he was found not guilty. It is still scary. You never touch a child. Even he admitted he slept with teenage boys and it was done in a "loving" manner. In the trial it came out he gave them, "Jesus juice." These are things a grown man does not do with/to children. I cannot forget this no matter how genius his artistry was.

I like what my sister said, "He sure is a great guy now that he is dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment