I have a confession to make- I watch alot of TV.
Back in the day, I never missed, "Friends." I loved the idea of hanging out with my friends and drinking coffee from huge mugs all day. The problem is I live in the real world.
I went to college. I found a great guy and we got married. We would have liked to hang out at Starbucks all day, but the credit card companies that financed all our dreams didn't like that plan, so my life began to resemble the show, "thirtysomething."
We went to work and added adult responsibilities and stress to the daily, "To Do," list. Thirtysomething is not an age descriptor I am thrilled about. However, at this time in my life, it does describe me. I am a Christian wife and mother learning everyday what it means to be a Christian wife and mother while still mentally feeling like an early twentysomething Friend. So, why am I always watching, "Backyardigans?" I have this wonderful little boy who brings joy and adventure to my life, so thirtysomething and Backyardigans it is and I wouldn't trade it for anything world.
No comments:
Post a Comment