
(Above: Licking the Beater)
Couple of quick, but funny things Carter has said/done in the last week...
1) We went to Galveston last weekend and the trip back home was brutal. At one point traffic on 45 in Houston was down to one lane and it took us 2 hours just to get through downtown. AGH!
When we got close to the house, Noah pulled into the drive thru at Mickey D's for dinner. When we hit the driveway, we unloaded the essentials and headed inside to eat.
My head was pounding and caused me to feel sick to my stomach. The last thing I wanted to do was gulp down greasy MCD, so I left the boys to eat in the kitchen and I slumped on the couch and closed my eyes for a while.
I opened them the Carter's sweet round face right up next to mine. He looked into my eyes and very concerned said, "Your head feeling better Momma?"
I told him it was but that it still hurt a bit.
He said, "You gonna eat now?"
I told him, not yet, but in a little while.
He said, all distressed and concerned...
"But Momma, you love to eat."
2) Yesterday Carter was outside playing. I watched him pull the hose off the rack and go to turn on the water faucet.
I stopped him and said, "No water Carter. Don't turn it on. You may play with the hose, but NO water."
Then I stepped inside to check the laundry. I heard the faucet turn on and, so I crept outside to catch him in the act.
Like a typical little boy he was enthralled by the water spraying out of the faucet.
I stopped him and said, "Turn it off. I told you no water. Inside for a time out."
He went inside to the time out spot.
While he is sitting there he begins singing. I start to pay attention to the words...
"Jesus will be mad at me for turning on the water. Jesus will be mad at me for turning on the water..."
Now, we talk about Jesus, but I have never told him Jesus would be mad at him for anything, so I am quite amused.
I ask him to sing his song for me again. I then ask him, "Why do you think Jesus will be mad at you?"
He says, "Because I wasn't supposed to (turn on the water)."
Hmmmm...
3) Last night at bath time, Noah asks Carter, "Are you ready for a bath?"
Carter grins this innocent little smile and says, "I'd rather take a shower."
It was so precocious, as if he knew adding the smile would entice us to say yes.
Noah and I looked at each other and smiled knowingly.
Carter said, "Laugh at me Momma!"
So I did. He laughed this sweet belly laugh back at me.
Then he looked at Noah and said, "Laugh Dada!"
Noah just smiled back so Carter said...
"Daddy, laugh! You just open your teeth and do this..." and then, again, Carter laughed a deep and hearty laugh. (Just open your teeth? Too cute!)
The most beautiful sound a mother can hear!






No comments:
Post a Comment