Thursday, April 9, 2009

More Carter Sayings...

I love to hear Carter talk out loud. Hearing how he interprets things is so important to me. I just love to know what he is thinking in his sweet little mind and I enjoy finding out what is swirling around in his head. This afternoon gave me some fun insight...

We have a long entry hall in our home. On one side are Carter's 6 month and 1 year pics, as well as, two shadow boxes with his hospital memorabilia in it- card from the bassinet, hat, blanket, hospital bracelet, Noah's scrubs with Carter's footprints on them, etc...

On the other side are family pictures- Our engagement pics, our first family pic with Carter at 1 month and a series of three pictures taken last year on Carter's 2nd birthday.

I heard him chatting in the hallway and I went in to go see what he was going on and on about.

He had a flag in his hand and was using the stick as a pointer. He was pointing to an 11 X 13 pic of him at 6 months. He is in a diaper on a white blanket (so you can't really see the diaper) holding his toes, with this HUGE smile on his face.

The commentary was hilarious!

"This is me as a baby. I am on my bed getting my diaper changed and laughing but I don't know at what..."

Then, he quickly turned to the other side and pointed to the series of three family pics taken of us last year. Carter is in between me and Noah and in them we are playing, laughing and giving Carter kisses.

Carter points to the picture and says to me, "Look at us in this picture. You, me and Dada. We are acting so silly!" and he begins to laugh. This full belly laugh as if he remembered it like yesterday and was somehow deeply tickled by it. Very precious.

I just love hearing his thoughts!

The six month pic- sorry about the lighting issues...



The series of family pics where we are, "so silly!"

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a pic of the shadow box with hospital memorabilia! What a great idea that I wanna steal!!
    Hugs, Mendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mendi! Check your work email. I sent you a pic of it.

    ReplyDelete