Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So About the Jungle Gym...

Yesterday, after work, was errand time, which Carter often confuses with, "Aaron time," where he thinks we are going to play with his friend Aaron! I guess being a proud native Texan I forget the stress the final D in errand!

Our first stop was the gym. My payment information needed to be changed and I had to go in and fill out a change form. Carter has never been to the gym with me before, (Well, I haven't really been alot either, but that's another post), so he was mesmerized. Literally, eyes soaking in everything!

The elliptical machine caught his eye first. "Mommy! Mommy! That looks fun! Can I ride it when I am big?"

"Of course, Carter."

"Oh good Mom! Thank you! Thank you!"

Then it was the two young boys, probably coming in after school. "Momma, can I play with them?"

"Not today Carter. Maybe tomorrow."

"Okay, Momma."

So, I decided to point out the children's play room to him. I explain that when I come to the gym and when he comes with me that is where he will go and play with the other kids while I work out.

"Can I play today Momma?"

"No, Carter. Maybe tomorrow."

At this point the form is filled out and the change has been made. Erran-D one complete. We get in the car and leave.

As we are driving to our next stop, Carter says from the backseat...

"Mom, are you sure we can't play on the jungle gym today? I really wanted to. I really wanted to play with the boys on the jungle gym. The boys love me. We love to play on the jungle gym."

(Heart melting pause...)

This conversation continued on and on between us for about 10 minutes. I had to reassure him that they did love him and he was a very good friend but we were not playing at the JUNGLE gym today!

No comments:

Post a Comment